Emotional Wellbeing & Mental Health - Useful Links
This is a fantastic website that has details of books, web links, apps, videos and contains resources around emotional / mental health.
Young Minds – Children and Young people’s mental health charity. Filled with information and has a parent’s helpline.
The Mix is a young people’s website filled with information and resources on emotional and physical health.
Mood self assessment and online audio guides.
Every Mind Matters - this is updated advice for parents and carers on support for young people and their mental health
The Lily Jo Project - singer/songwriter Lily Jo from Manchester is also a trained Counsellor providing online mental health resources.
1. Printable worksheets for teens on managing anger
2. Great resource for teens on managing anger
Anxiety in Teens
Young Minds information on anxiety
Many self-help and other resources looking at anxiety, phobias and panic attacks.
A Kent based bereavement charity offering support for children, young people and families affected by bereavement.
Child bereavement UK
Hope Again - Website for bereaved teens
1. This is a specific resource for children and young people on the Autistic Spectrum http://www.cardiffandvaleuhb.wales.nhs.uk/sitesplus/documents/1143/Supporting%20Children%20with%20LD%20&%20ASD%20with%20COVID%20Isolation.pdf
2. Advice for parents and carers on supporting children concerned about COVID
3. Helpful strategies for teens
1. Worries & Anxiety
2. Understanding Childhood (all age ranges)
3. Parents’ guide to supporting anxiety
4. My teen brain - Information for parents on teens and how their brains develop and the impact this can have on behaviour.
Pack on building resilience
Resilience toolkit for young people.
Use this link if you are concerned about your child being involved in Gang culture - https://outoftheshadows.blog/
Use this link to report any Online concerns
Use this link to help with concerns about Consent
Use this link if you have concerns about your child bring involved with Drug & Alcohol Abuse https://www.nspcc.org.uk/keeping-children-safe/talking-drugs-alcohol/
Use this link for further information about online safety from the NSPCC
Use this link to report incidents about hate crime
Use this link to report any concerns you have about terrorist or extremist behaviour https://act.campaign.gov.uk/
Use this link for free, safe and anonymous online counselling for young people
Telephone helplines / Online Support:
Samaritans – Free Call 24 hours a day 116 123
Shout Crisis Text Line - Text Shout to 85258
Childline - Call 0800 1111
Kooth - Free, safe and anonymous online support for young people – available til 10pm
Info for Parents
Useful tips on using the internet & social media
Click to view full size or download